O's Interested In Tomas ? (Signs with Arizona)

Can_of_corn

Yea, I don't believe it either.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nelson Cruz is in Phoenix. He and his agents met with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> today. Presumably meeting with other clubs too. O?s also interested in Tomas.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of these 100M dollar contracts are going to be a horrible mistake. I'm not sure I want the O's being that team.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Sure the money will be bigger but the reward ratio is much higher then those other players I mentioned.

Give me a boom bust guy over a 1.5 WAR plough horse.

It wasn't a 100M contract but I think the Red Sox are the first ones to overpay for a Cuban player and get the bad contract. The scouts seem more universal about Tomas.

I believe that Tomas has no position other than DH. From all the reports I've read, the guy has crazy power, and has shown to be a good hitter, but he can't play the field. He figures to get more than Castillo, and I don't think the O's are going to spend 80-100M dollars on a DH.

Puig was "only" 40m (for 7 years). Still a big risk but nowhere near $100m. So far the recent Cuban signings have met or exceeded expectations. If we could get 7 years of the next Puig for the price of 4 years of Markakis, that would be a no brainer.

Puig has some red flags, not just out of the game, either. The guy had 4 HR's and 17 RBI's after the AS Break, he may well bust after all.

Puig has some red flags, not just out of the game, either. The guy had 4 HR's and 17 RBI's after the AS Break, he may well bust after all.

Puig has been worthy 4 and 5 wins in his two years, and demonstrated improvement in a lot of areas (such as o-swing, walk rate, etc.). He could have his arms amputated tomorrow and he'd be worth his deal.

Archived